Friday, May 8, 2009

No more tonsils!



Keaton got his tonsils and adenoids taken out a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember him ever having an ear infection or being sick much at all, but after some investigation we found that his very enlarged tonsils and adenoids have been affecting his sleep. He coughs and chokes in the night and never reaches deep sleep. His x-rays showed blocked airways.

He was such a trooper. He handled it all so well. For a few days, he acted like nothing was wrong but it finally hit him. He was miserable and sore for at least a week.
On Thursday, he woke up and told me he was all healed. He suggested that I throw him a 'congratulations Keaton' party. He wanted to invite his friends and family. He wanted to serve chips since he can eat them now. He is so funny!

2 comments:

Harris House said...

Hey Amy! Hope you don't mind but I got your blog off of Melonie's. It's great to "see" you and your cute family. Looks like life is treating you well. I just had to leave a comment on here, because my little boy had his tonsils and adenoids taken out last year too! Same kind of situation, he didn't sleep well either. So glad we had it done! It was a scary experience letting him go into surgery for the first time, Tom and I were freaked out over actually, but we made it through okay and so did he! Again, it's great to see you and do some "catching up".

Jenn

Mindy said...

I am so glad he is feeling better. He is such a cute kid! I love how he is so passionate...whatever emotion he is feeling, he feels it to the fullest! He definitly lives in the moment! I need to take a lesson.